By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Kashmir MagazineThe Kashmir MagazineThe Kashmir Magazine
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • News
    • City
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
  • Editorial
  • National
  • International
  • More
    • Education
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Jobs
    • Sports
    • Opinion
Search
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • News
  • Editorial
  • National
  • International
  • More
©2025 Kashmir Magazine. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Minister Javed Rana seeks probe into forest eviction drive near Jammu
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
The Kashmir MagazineThe Kashmir Magazine
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • News
  • Editorial
  • National
  • International
  • More
Search
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • News
    • City
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
  • Editorial
  • National
  • International
  • More
    • Education
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Jobs
    • Sports
    • Opinion
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • News
  • Editorial
  • National
  • International
  • More
©2025 Kashmir Magazine. All Rights Reserved.
J&K

Minister Javed Rana seeks probe into forest eviction drive near Jammu

kashmirmagazine
Last updated: May 19, 2026 8:22 pm
kashmirmagazine
Share
2 Min Read
Minister Javed Rana seeks probe into forest eviction drive near Jammu
Minister Javed Rana seeks probe into forest eviction drive near Jammu
SHARE

Jammu, May 19 : Jammu and Kashmir Forest Minister Javed Ahmed Rana on Tuesday ordered a probe into an anti-encroachment drive carried out by the Forest Department in the Raika Bandi forest belt on the outskirts of Jammu city, alleging excesses during the operation.

Police and Forest Department teams on Tuesday demolished over 30 structures and retrieved nearly 60 kanals of forest land in the lower Shivalik range area, officials said.

Reacting to the operation, Rana said he had directed an inquiry into the role of the Forest Department and would request Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha to take action against police personnel allegedly involved in excesses during the drive.

“I will request the Lieutenant Governor to order registration of an FIR against police officers for excesses committed against people,” Rana told reporters.

He alleged that force was used during the operation and claimed people were not allowed to offer prayers.

The minister said the affected families had been residing in the area for decades and asserted that the matter should be handled sensitively.

“These people have been living here for the past fifty years. Such incidents have no place in a civil society,” he said.

Rana also claimed that, according to revenue records available to him, the land belonged to the residents and was not under the jurisdiction of the Forest Department.

Appealing for calm, the minister assured the affected families that rehabilitation measures would be taken and compensation provided for losses suffered during the drive.

“I would like to instruct people to remain calm and maintain restraint. Your losses will be compensated and those responsible for causing damage will be brought to justice through due legal process,” he said.

He said the Tribal Affairs Department would take steps for rehabilitation of the affected families.

Officials, however, said the anti-encroachment drive was part of an ongoing campaign to remove illegal structures from forest land and reclaim government property.(KNS).

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article LG Manoj Sinha honours women achievers with Lal Ded National Award LG Manoj Sinha honours women achievers with Lal Ded National Award
Next Article One dead, 25 injured as bus turns turtle in Ramban One dead, 25 injured as bus turns turtle in Ramban
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Our Magazine

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
TwitterFollow

Latest News

EOW conducts searches in Rs 93 lakh land fraud case in Budgam
EOW conducts searches in Rs 93 lakh land fraud case in Budgam
Crime May 19, 2026
Don't torment my Kashmiris, whether Hindu or Muslim: Er Rashid at father's funeral
Don’t torment my Kashmiris, whether Hindu or Muslim: Er Rashid at father’s funeral
J&K May 19, 2026
One dead, 25 injured as bus turns turtle in Ramban
One dead, 25 injured as bus turns turtle in Ramban
J&K May 19, 2026
LG Manoj Sinha honours women achievers with Lal Ded National Award
LG Manoj Sinha honours women achievers with Lal Ded National Award
J&K Latest News May 19, 2026
//

A premier news magazine from Kashmir, published by Kashmir News Service Pvt. Ltd.

Quick Link

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy

Top Categories

  • Kashmir
  • City
  • Jammu
  • National
  • Editorial
  • Education
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Jobs
The Kashmir MagazineThe Kashmir Magazine
Follow US
© 2025 The Kashmir Magazine.
Designed By | Hosted By
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?